Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - It's ON!

Day 1: Decided to go with introducing the main four characters, one at a time, while interlacing it with a flashback to their last meeting as kids.  I think this will work.  And I'm pretty sure I'm going to piss off some Christians.  Win-win!  Word count: 1815

Day 2: I'm getting the things down, and will probably go back and expand two of the sections when I get close to 50k, like I did in '09.  I'm thinking this will be book 1 of a trilogy, but I haven't thought of a title for the first book yet, but (mild spoiler) the series will be called Syrrennia.  I'm liking where this is going so far.  Word count: 3412

Day 3: I got pretty tired around 9:30.  I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to write today,  Glad I was able to do so.  Got a little more backstory on one of the characters than I anticipated, and am well into my first climax. This story I think will be pretty nice.  Word count: 5369

Day 4: Not much done today as I went to Pentacon and ran a game of Nuclear War.  Had a blast, but got a little work in.  I'm getting to the first real narrative hook of the story.  Word Count: 6407

Day 5: I knew this weekend was going to be a slow one.  I'll make up for it this week.  I also came up with a really cool plot twist, but it likely won't be seen until Book 2.  I need to figure out how to slip hints into the narrative, but I can do that during the cleanup phase near the end.  Word count: 7866

Day 6: I'm starting to think that one person is dominating the story.  I need to expand on the other three a bit more.  I'm also not getting a lot of word-work done.  Need to play catch-up this week.  Word count: 8660

Day 8: Day 7 was skipped due to a massive headache.  Day 8 is nearly skipped due to massive writer's block.  8 days in. FML Word count: 9364

Day 11: I've been kinda slacking.  I have no idea how to proceed from here; I've been expanding the backstories up to this point.  I actually need to have a plot instead of just a cool idea.  Once I get there, the words will just flow.[/self-delusion] Word count: 12300

Day 12/13 Part 1 - Bad news: Day 12 word count: 12817.  Good news: one hour into day 13: Word Count 14251.  I think I have a good direction in this.  Problem is going to be getting it all down and keeping it interesting.  Instead of a trilogy, it may just be a single book in three parts.  Once I reach 50K, I may not even remotely be finished.  I have the general plot outline started, involving many twists and turns.  I just hope I can play catch-up on the weekends and my days off.  Oh, well.  I fell behind last time and still finished with days to spare.  I may be a bit closer to the deadline this time, but if I hammer it down, I should make it okay.

I think I just need to write the parts of the story as they come to me, like I normally do instead of trying to write it in sequence.  Connect them afterward.  Thing is, I just need to do it.

It's back on, everyone.  Here goes.

Day 13 Part 2: Word count 15521.  I went ahead and wrote out the plot twist.  It was pretty cool.  I'm going to sit down and plot out the... um, plot, so I can have an idea where I'm going with this.

I want to win this year.  I think Thanksgiving is where I get this down, just like last time.

Day 14: Word count: 17050.  Now I know I'm going to hit 50000 and not have a whole story.  But finish it, I will, even after NaNo, even if I don't win this year.

Watch this space for daily updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment